I Want More Chicken!

Posted by Unknown | Labels: , , , , , , , | Posted On Monday, January 9, 2012 at 8:05 AM

As I was reading my Youversion.com reading plan today, I was reading Exodus 16:4-15. It is part of the story of God providing manna from heaven for the Israelites who had previously thought they were going to starve to death in the desert. It is amazing how quickly their attitude went from I'm starving to I'm full to demanding something more.


I have to guard myself from that same attitude. I am full with manna and suddenly I'm thinking ribs would be nice and maybe some steak and some cheese cake for desert. Perspective is a tricky thing. If I allow myself to be concerned to much about me I loose the perspective of how much I have to be grateful for. 


My attitude is one of the few things I can control in life. Choosing to be content in a world where enough is never enough is not easy but God said, "I will provide All your Needs". Not all my selfish desires.


Phillipians 4:19 19 But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

I get to choose weather I accept enough with a grateful heart or demand more chicken. I hope you can find contentment where you are with what you have. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments:

There are 0 comments for I Want More Chicken!

Post a Comment