Even the King Has To Own His Mistakes

Posted by Unknown | Labels: , , , , , , , , , , | Posted On Monday, September 26, 2011 at 9:29 AM

King David was a great man in history. He accomplished many great things.
Her are a few of his accomplishments:

If David the king lived today would all of these accomplishments be wiped out by the fact the he was an adulterer and a murderer. Today not even a king in most cultures can get away with taking a mans wife and having him killed.

David is still classified as a man after God's own heart. He realized his mistake and owned it. He confessed to Nathan, the people, and most importantly God.(Psalm 51) 3 For I recognize my rebellion;
it haunts me day and night.4 Against you, and you alone, have I sinned;
I have done what is evil in your sight.
You will be proved right in what you say,
and your judgment against me is just.
 Psalm 51 NLT

I have messed up in my life in just about every way possible. If I measured my bad against God's good I would fail every time. I am encouraged every time I hear or read David's confession in Psalm 51. He laid it out with nothing held back.  If  God can forgive David, he can forgive me too. All of us screw up in one way or another and any sin no matter how small or large is still equal and wrong in God's view.

Whatever you may have done in your life, however you have failed, confession with David's attitude can make it right with God. You may still have to suffer the consequences of your actions here on earth but God says all is square when we confess with nothing held back. We can be men and women after God's own heart.

Michael Gray
AliveChurch.com




Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments:

There are 1 comments for Even the King Has To Own His Mistakes

Post a Comment